Today, Reid Hoffman, the Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of LinkedIn, officially released his new book, The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career.
I've been impatiently waiting for this book for months. I finally downloaded the Kindle version and started reading it this evening.
I'm not sure why Hoffman doesn't receive the attention and adulation of his Silicon Valley counterparts such as the late Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Page, and Sergey Brin.
But, what I respect most is his guiding, personal and professional philosophy to help others succeed. So many people choose to focus the power of social technologies on creating noise and interruption that centers on "look at me."
Meahwhile, Hoffman focuses on "how can I help you." This guiding philosophy is well-articulated in the following articles:
- (Fortune Magazine): The Real Way to Build a Social Network
- (Fortune Magazine): Three Degrees of Reid Hoffman
- (AllThingsD-Wall Street Journal): Reid Hoffman's New Business Book Tells Everyone to Act Like Entrepreneurs
- (strategy+business): Connections With Integrity (note: free registration required)
- (TechCrunch): In Startups and Life, You Need Plan A, B, and Z
- (Wall Street Journal): Launching LinkedIn From a Living Room
- (Wall Street Journal): How Reid Hoffman Built LinkedIn
The following videos are my three (3) favorites plus two bonuses. These interviews showcase the genius, vision, and humility of Reid Hoffman. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do:
(Bonus) Time Video: LinkedIn Co-Founder On "The Start-Up of You"
(Bonus) CBS This Morning Video: LinkedIn Co-Founder, Social Web Still Very Young
Charlie Rose: A Conversation With Reid Hoffman of LinkedIn (March 2009)
YouTube: Reid Hoffman Entrepreneurs Will Create The Future
Endeavor Entrpreneur Summit at Stanford University (July 2011)
YouTube: TEDxSiliconValley -- Reid Hoffman (December 2009)