I love studying books on social media and digital marketing. They provide sources of inspiration for this blog, and constantly stimulate my creativity on the people and events driving marketing reinvention.
If you're looking for some last-minute Christmas gifts for a family member, friend, or colleague who loves learning about social media or digital marketing, here's a list of books I recommend.
Social Media and Digital Marketing Books I've Studied, Written Reviews On, or Cited in this Blog
- The New Rules of Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott
- World Wide Rave by David Meerman Scott
- Groundswell by Charlene Li and Josh Bernoff
- Inbound Marketing by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah
- The Long Tail by Chris Anderson
- Free by Chris Anderson
- Googled by Ken Auletta
- What Would Google Do by Jeff Jarvis
- Me 2.0 by Dan Schwabel
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell (Many don't consider this book a social media / digital marketing resource. I do because of the word-of-mouth insights Gladwell writes about particularly in the chapter on Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen)
Social Media and Digital Marketing Books I'm Studying Now
- Real Time Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott
- Open Leadership by Charlene Li
- Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and Julien Smith
- Content Rules by Ann Handley and C.C. Chapman
- Marketing in the Age of Google by Vanessa Fox
Social Media and Digital Marketing Books I Plan to Study in 2011
- Six Pixels of Separation by Mitch Joel
- Engage by Brian Solis
- Putting the Public Back in Public Relations by Brian Solis
- The Cluetrain Manifesto by Rick Levine, Christopher Locke, Doc Searls, and David Weinberger
- Here Comes Everybody by Clay Shirky
I hope you find these resources helpful, and if you've read some or all of these books please let me know your thoughts by submitting a comment.
Any books you'd recommend or suggest I add to this list? I'd love to hear your suggestions. Please let me know what you learned and enjoyed about that particular book(s).
Many thanks for being part of this community and may you and your families have a Safe and Merry Christmas!