David Meerman Scott recently published a new book, Real-Time Marketing & PR: How to Instantly Engage Your Market, Connect with Customers, and Create Products that Grow Your Business Now. I'm looking forward to reading David's latest book because his content and insights are outstanding. He's also published a series of blog posts and a new eBook to introduce his concepts driving real-time marketing and PR.
I commented on one of the posts titled: Make Your Web Site a Real-Time Machine: A Manifesto. Here are some screen shots of our dialogue:
David Responded to My Respective Comments in Real-Time
Speed wins in the Internet Age. David responded to my first comment in less than 30 minutes! His response to my second comment arrived in less than 2 hours. To say I'm impressed by his actions is an understatement.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words
David's responsiveness is impressive because his book talks about achieving competitive advantages by connecting with customers in real-time. Even though he was in a different part of the world for a speaking gig, he took the time to genuinely acknowledge my blog comments. His actions and real-time speed demonstrate his consistency and credibility in thoughtfully engaging and conversing with his audience.
Credible audience engagement occurs when you consistently practice what you preach. In the blogsphere, achieving credibility for one's individual online and professional reputations is critical. When I read David's responses, I can see these aren't cursory acknowledgments. And that means a lot to me, because I took the time to read and understand his published insights from both the posts and the eBook. This is why I often link to his blog posts and cite his content. It's also evidence of how he consistently works to engage and maintain the trust of an audience he's worked hard to cultivate.
Bonus: Links to David's Real-Time Posts and a Recent Video
When you have a chance check out David's posts because they describe the competitive advantages real-time marketing and PR can have in:
* Capitalizing on Real-World Events as These Events Unfold in Real-Time
* Developing New Products and Services
* Testing Marketing Messaging and Positioning With Target Audiences (before final product launch)
* Understanding the Current and Future Implications for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Here are the links and a video he's published describing a great case study in competitive advantage when leveraging real-time marketing and PR:
* Make Your Web Site a Real-Time Machine: A Manifesto (the new eBook is also here)
* Developing Products Based on Instant Gratification
* How B2B Companies Use Real-Time Blog Posts to Get Trade Media Exposure
* How Real-Time Communications Drives Measurable ROI at Fortune 100 Companies